CHOCOLATE SYRUP—If you could make your own chocolate syrup, and it’s simple, cheap, easy to make, and tastes amazing, won’t you make it by the gallon load and drizzle it on any and everything? This Chocolate syrup recipe is smooth and decadent and hits all the right notes.
Don’t bother with store bought syrup, just try this out. At least you know what is inside and it tastes way better. You can make your syrup thick or thin depending on your taste and what it will be used for.
To make Chocolate syrup:
2 cups sugar 1 cup cocoa powder 1/8 teaspoon salt 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar (optional) 1 cup cold water 2 teaspoons vanilla essence
Mix sugar, cocoa powder, salt and cream of tartar, in a pot. Add cold water stir till there are no lumps.
Set pot over medium heat and bring to a boil, stirring all the time. Continue stirring to prevent it from foaming, boiling over and burning.
Boil till slightly thickened 3-5 minutes.
Remove from heat and stir in vanilla.
The syrup should be thinner than needed because it will thicken some more as it cools.
Pour into clean air tight bottles and refrigerate when cool.
To clean your glass bottles, wash with soap and rinse very well. Pour boiling water into bottle and let stand for 5 minutes. Pour out the water and use bottles.
- You can drizzle chocolate syrup on your ice-cream,add to milk for chocolate milk, pour over cakes e.g Beetroot cake, in coffee, smoothies or on desserts e.g Cinnamon muffins, Banana muffins, Indian ladoo, Tea buns. Even on your pancakes.
- Cream of tartar is used to stabilize the syrup, so it won’t turn grainy.
- Buttermilk Pancake - The Pretend Chef - […] warm with any topping e.g Fresh fruits, cream, honey, zobo syrup, custard, lemon curd, chocolate syrup, jam, butter, pancake…
- OJOJO Water yam fritters - The Pretend Chef - […] light as air Ojojo can be served with a hot pepper sauce, pap, custard, chocolate syrup or a refreshing…
- Chocolate cake - The Pretend Chef - […] frosting, chocolate buttercream, fondant, fudge frosting, cream cheese frosting, chocolate syrup […]