Beetroot Juice Mocktail
This healthy beetroot juice mocktail is beautiful to behold and delightful to drink. A lot of people are downing beetroot juice these days by the mug load. This is because, beetroot is regarded by some health experts as a superfood (nutrient-rich food). It reduces blood pressure, is high in immune-boosting vitamin C etc. and cooking decreases these nutrients. My son no. 3 can’t get enough of it, so even kids love it.
It looks so much like the zobo drink (sorrel).
For such an awesome drink, Beetroot juice mocktail is so quick and easy to make. Beetroot pairs beautifully with oranges, so you can use fresh orange juice in place of lemon juice. The honey can be replaced with sugar or any sweetener.
To make Healthy Beetroot juice mocktail:
3/4 cup fresh lemon juice 2/3 cup sugar 1/4 cup raw, unpeeled, finely grated beetroot 6 cups water
Wash Beetroot very well. No need to peel it.
Grate with a grater or food processor.
Squeeze lemons into a cup.
Put grated beets, lemon juice, sugar and 1 (one) cup of water into a blender and blend.
Beetroot will never be fully smooth. Use a fine strainer to strain into a jug.
Add 5 cups of water, stir and taste for sugar. Chill and serve.
A note of warning though, beetroot juice can turn your ‘bathroom business’ red. So don’t freak out if this happens. It is perfectly normal and no harm is done. Once it clears out of your system, they will be back to their usual colour.
Leave a comment below and let us know how much you enjoyed this healthy beetroot juice mocktail. Do you have any suggestions or questions?
- Nigerian fish pie - The Pretend Chef - […] with a drink of your choice, you can try my Zobo drink, Mango Lassi, Healthy beetroot juice, refreshing Afterglow…
- Nigerian Meat Pie - The Pretend Chef - […] and enjoy your Nigerian Meat pie with a drink. Try my Healthy beetroot juice, refreshing Afterglow mocktail, Carrot/orange juice,…
- Virgin Pina colada - The Pretend Chef - […] should also make and enjoy my Nigerian Chapman, Healthy Beetroot Mocktail, Afterglow Mocktail or Kunnu […]
- Nigerian chapman drink (mocktail) - The Pretend Chef - […] your chapman? why not try out this Beetroot drink mocktail, Cucumber drink, Carrot orange drink and also let us…
- Plantain muffins Plantain bread - The Pretend Chef - […] your plantain bread/muffins with a drink eg. beetroot juice, zobo, tea, coffee, mango lassi or custard […]
- Kunnu Aya, Tiger nut milk - The Pretend Chef - […] will also enjoy my healthy beetroot juice, cucumber agua fresca or mango […]
- Cinnamon muffin - The Pretend Chef - […] as a snack or for breakfast, with coffee, tea or any drink of your […]
- Beetroot Coleslaw - The Pretend Chef - […] Always chill before serving. Beetroots are also good in cakes and drinks. […]
- Plantain Mosa - The Pretend Chef - […] Mosa can be served with a spicy pepper sauce and drinks like zobo drink, afterglow mocktail or healthy beetroot drink…
- Asun spicy goat meat - The Pretend Chef - […] your asun spicy goat meat with a delicious mocktail like Healthy beetroot juice, cucumber juice or tame the heat…
- Hush Puppies - The Pretend Chef - […] with a dipping sauce and a chilled afterglow mocktail, beetroot juice mocktail or […]
- Nigerian egg roll - The Pretend Chef - […] your Nigerian egg Roll with any of these refreshing drinks, beetroot juice, afterglow mocktail, mango lassi, zobo (sorrel), or tea,…
- How to make Puff Puff - The Pretend Chef - […] your Puff puff with any of these refreshing drinks, beetroot juice, afterglow mocktail, mango lassi, zobo (sorrel), or tea, coffee…
- Cooked beetroot cake - The Pretend Chef - […] with a glass of Healthy beetroot juice mocktail, mango lassi, zobo […]
- Healthy Beetroot cake - The Pretend Chef - […] with a glass of Healthy beetroot juice mocktail, Afterglow […]