Carrot Orange Juice
This mocktail is a very wholesome drink that gives an instant feeling of well being. The carrot orange juice looks like you caught the sun in a glass. It is a simple combination of natural ingredients that are very healthy.
Packed full with nutrients and flavour, it is a great way to start your day, pair with your lunch for a boost of energy for the rest of the day or with supper to replenish lost nutrients. It is excellent when taken with your snacks like puff puff, hush poppy, beetroot cake, egg roll, fish roll etc.
You can push up the flavour with the addition of mint, ginger or pineapple. Honey can also be replaced with sugar.
Carrot juice mixed with orange juice is sweet and natural but we still need to be careful about the quantity consumed.
To make carrot orange juice
3 cups carrot juice (450g carrots) ¼ cup water 2 cups orange juice 4 tablespoons fresh lemon juice 4 tablespoons honey Crushed ice Slice of lemon for garnish
Chop carrots into small chunks.
Place in a blender with the water and blend till carrot is pureed.
Use a cheesecloth or fine strainer placed over a jug to strain the juice of the carrot.
Measure out 3 cups of carrot juice into a jug, add orange juice, lemon juice, honey and crushed ice.
Pour into glasses and garnish with lemon slices.
- Nigerian fish pie - The Pretend Chef - […] choice, you can try my Zobo drink, Mango Lassi, Healthy beetroot juice, refreshing Afterglow drink, Carrot/orange juice, Chapman or…
- Zobo Syrup, zobo drink - The Pretend Chef - […] a meal or just as a refreshing drink. Enjoy other drinks like cucumber drink, afterglow mocktail, orange carrot drink,…
- Nigerian chapman drink (mocktail) - The Pretend Chef - […] your chapman? why not try out this Beetroot drink mocktail, Cucumber drink, Carrot orange drink and also let us…
- Moist Carrot cake - The Pretend Chef - […] how I console myself on the rare occasion I over indulge on carrot cake. Same goes with coleslaw, carrot…
- Nigerian stir fried rice - The Pretend Chef - […] Stir fry Nigerian fried rice is ready. Serve with a refreshing drink like cucumber drink, zobo, carrot orange mocktail…
- Advent Foodie Calendar - The Pretend Chef - […] Carrot Orange juice …