Cucumber drink Cucumber agua fresca
This Cucumber drink Cucumber Agua fresca is clean tasting, refreshing, simple, and very easy to make. Ideally served chilled so on a hot day or after a session in the gym it makes the perfect coolant. Agua fresca is spanish for fresh water, which is an apt description of this drink. It can serve as a mixer for cocktails or a palate cleanser after a spicy meal.
Cucumber drink is ideal for mocktail/cocktail bars at wedding parties, dinner parties, christmas brunch, etc.
If you have ever been in a party where others are quaffing down all manner of beverages both alcoholic and non-alcoholic, but you find yourself holding a champagne flute filled with water. You just can’t afford to risk that amount of calories getting into you and taking residence in all the wrong parts of you. Cucumber drink is low in calories and is very healthy, it is combined with herbs and fruits. This cucumber drink cucumber agua fresca, when placed in the right vessel, looks very elegant, it will satisfy your house guests.
Besides lime used in this recipe, other additions include: mint, ginger, lemon, kiwi, watermelon, pineapple, honeydew melon, strawberry and if you want to go green add spinach.
You can also add soda water or add a dash of rum, tequila or vodka for a refreshing cocktail.
To make Cucumber drink, cucumber agua fresca
2 tablespoons sugar 1/4 cup water
2 cups (280g) diced Cucumber 1/4 cup water 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice 2 cups lime/lemon soft drink (e.g sprite™ or 7up™) 1 1/2 cups crushed ice garnish with cucumber ribbons or slices
In a small pot put sugar and water, set over medium heat and boil till sugar dissolves well about 2-3 minutes, set syrup aside.
Peel and core cucumber, cut into cubes.
Put cucumber slices and water in a blender and blend till smooth.
Strain through a cheesecloth or clean new white handkerchief, into a jug. (Place the cheesecloth over the mouth of the jug, pushing to form a depression and hold in place with a rubber band). This will give about 1 1/4 cups cucumber juice.
Remove the cheesecloth, add sugar syrup, lime juice, and sparkling water or soda. Mix well.
Share the crushed ice into two tall glasses, pour the agua fresca into the glasses and garnish with the cucumber ribbons or slices.
- Bushmeat and Vegetable - The Pretend Chef - […] You can try my Afterglow Mocktail, Nigerian Chapman drink (mocktail), Virgin Pina Colada or Cucumber drink, Cucumber Agua Fresca.…
- Nigerian Sausage Roll - The Pretend Chef - […] sausage roll with a dip of ketchup or Cashew nut butter and a drink. Try my zobo, refreshing cucumber…
- Nigerian chapman drink (mocktail) - The Pretend Chef - […] your chapman? why not try out this Beetroot drink mocktail, Cucumber drink, Carrot orange drink and also let us…
- Kunnu Aya, Tiger nut milk - The Pretend Chef - […] will also enjoy my healthy beetroot juice, cucumber agua fresca or mango […]
- Hush Puppies - The Pretend Chef - […] with a dipping sauce and a chilled afterglow mocktail, beetroot juice mocktail, cucumber juice or […]
- Zobo Syrup, zobo drink - The Pretend Chef - […] your zobo drink with a snack, a meal or just as a refreshing drink. Enjoy other drinks like cucumber…
- Asun spicy goat meat - The Pretend Chef - […] your asun spicy goat meat with a delicious mocktail like Healthy beetroot juice, cucumber juice or tame the heat…
- Nigerian oxtail pepper soup - The Pretend Chef - […] or irish potato, or just drink plain as soup. Enjoy with palm wine or any drink of your choice…
- Advent Foodie Calendar - The Pretend Chef - […] Pasta Salad …